2020 Real & Authentic Health - Weekly Inspiration III, Week of January 20, 2020

Well hello!!   A little behind this week.  Has that ever happened to you?  You have a great plan and then something gets in the way and then one more thing, and another and another......

Good thing this week’s pose is Tree Pose…..If this doesn’t get you balanced and grounded, well…..it just should is all.  My life and work do go hand in hand. I work every day finding balance in some way, shape or form, and to also model my goals that I have for my clients.  That does not mean I do not enjoy the occasional cocktail, bubbles or wine….in addition, perhaps a semi-indulgent meal.

That said, I work to adhere to the 80/20 rule – this means, to me, I am mindful during the weekdays but the weekends allow me, as in, I allow me, to relax the restraints a little and yes sometimes I go a little overboard….BUT I am finished, and have been for a while, apologizing to myself, or anyone else for that matter, NOR do I feel like I need to explain myself, in many areas of life.  I am who I am, and I notice most people live that way, no explanation needed, yet with some sort of filter - we do want to respect others - so basic civility is key and also, my way or your way is NOT the only way.  Have you ever thought about how you are perceived?  It can be an eye-opener, considering we all have blind spots and once we submit to that, we can actually be much happier and accepting of ourselves and others.  After all, acceptance is reciprocal in healthy relationships.  And that includes food too!   Ha ha.

Once we learn and appreciate the cleaning up process both inside and out, we can learn to be grateful that we have that 20% to have some unapologetic fun!  Just….don’t eat the WHOLE pizza…Or, wait, maybe you do!  You are not a bad person if you do!   Have a beautiful weekend!



Tree Pose
(vrik-SHAHS-anna) vrksa = tree

Stand tall with feet together, arms by your side.  Shift your weight slightly onto the left foot, keeping the inner foot firm to the floor, and bend your right knee.

Reach down with your right hand and clasp your right ankle. 

Draw your right foot up and place the sole against the inner left thigh; if possible, press the right heel into the inner left groin, toes pointing toward the floor.  The center of your pelvis should be directly over the left foot.

Rest your hands on the top rim of your pelvis. Make sure the pelvis is in a neutral position, with the top rim parallel to the floor.  Lengthen your tailbone toward the floor. Firmly press the right foot sole against the inner thigh and resist with the outer left leg.

Press your hands together in prayer pose. Gaze softly at a fixed point in front of you on the floor about 4 or 5 feet away.  Stay for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Step back to standing posture with an exhalation and repeat for the same length of time with the legs reversed. 

Caution:
Do not do without prior approval from your medical practitioner - if you have high blood pressure, headache, Insomnia.  If you have high blood pressure, do not raise your arms overhead. You can stand with your back braced against a wall if you feel unsteady in this pose
Benefits:
Strengthens thighs, calves, ankles and spine
Stretches the groin and inner thighs chest and shoulders, improves balance and relieves sciatica





Seed Crackers

My favorite snack recipe!
FINALLY a Paleo Cracker You can make at home!

1/2 cup blanched almond flour or hemp seed
½ cup macadamia nuts
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp each sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and hemp seeds
1 tbsp flax seed meal
Add salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup water

Take almond flour macadamia coconut flour in a food processor and pulse until ground.  add in seeds, flax meal, and salt until almost fully ground -  leave a little texture.  Add in the coconut oil and the water, dough will form a ball in food processor.

Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper to quarter inch or less thick
Cut into 2 inch squares, five rows each way, bake at 300 20-25 minutes.
Makes about 25 crackers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Real & Authentic Health (RealHealthyAF) - Weekly Inspiration I, July 5, 2021

WHAT is holding you back? Do you want REAL HEALTH???? Read on.......especially for the SERIOUS promotions all month long!